Photographing a wedding is a very stressful and daunting task for the newcomer to this genre. A wedding comprises 11 different shoots within 1 day and are generally experienced with forever changing lighting conditions.
This workshop takes place over 2 full days is designed to remove the stress from photographing this very important and utterly unique occasion. You will learn about the correct equipment and accessories to cater for most eventualities. You’ll be shown how to take the “must-have” shots as well as how to conduct this a s a business. You will be taught the pricing and marketing side of the business as well as the contract and securing the business.
In order to get you totally prepared for your first wedding, a practical shoot of a bridal couple will give you a strong sense of the real thing. You will experience different shooting techniques and tips from a professional photographer.
The course covers the following;
- The photographers preparation for the wedding.
- The different stages and shoots of a wedding
- Equipment requirements of a wedding photographer
- Marketing, Public relations and the business application of wedding photography
- Finding marketing opportunities
- Lighting techniques
- Posing for wedding photography
- Post processing for weddings
On completion of this short course, delegates should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare, plan for, and implement a wedding photo shoot;
- Demonstrate an understanding of branding, marketing and public relations in the wedding photography industry;
- Apply knowledge of the use of alternative light sources through the practical use of flash photography techniques for a wedding shoot;
- Demonstrate the ability to work with available light as well as reflectors and diffusers for a wedding shoot;
- Apply knowledge of posing and its compositional and aesthetic elements to position subjects successfully for a photo shoot;
- Evaluate the process of post-production workflow to final delivery.